Maybe You are Gone...

By Anurag Vatsya · · Reading...

Maybe You're Gone



There was a life I endured—
From crawling into walking,
From startled beginnings
Into something worn and strained.
Your presence sustained my survival,
Whether on earth or beyond it.

 
I searched within the soul—
From barrenness into fertile ground,
And back again into barrenness.
Each time I tried to begin again,
I found myself trapped in restless thought,
With every effort dissolving
Into dilemmas I could not avoid.
 
Time passed in stillness—
From hours into days,
Days into months,
Months into years,
Until years gathered into a life
That deepened into silence.
 
Through the final closing—
From an opening into confinement,
From light into stillness—
I became a hardened child
Under the protection of Goddess Kali.
 
Maybe you are gone.
Yet I continue in stillness,
Guided by what remains of the divine.
                                                        --anurag_vatsya

Did this piece resonate?
Ink and Insights
“To soothe — and to unsettle. To reveal what comfort hides.”

Thank you for reading. If these lines spoke to you, share your thoughts directly with me via the Author tab above.

— Anurag Vatsya

Comments

Aditya Raj said…
Nice 🙂