![]() |
| Designed by author, Thumbnail image of the novel. |
(Chapter – 1)
The story is set in a fictionalized place named; “planzie” i.e., P.H. College, and its characters are as follows:
Priti (the female protagonist)
Raghav (the male protagonist)
PYA (Plenzie Youth Alliance)
Program Officer
Once upon a time, there was a girl named Priti. She
was extraordinary in studying. On the other hand, Raghav was also a good cadet
in PYA of his college. He pursued that alliance as a leader of that unit. He
had fear all the time, for being attached to someone meant he was a loner. So
the girl, Priti, came daily to the college one hour before, so she could study
in the fresh air with the greenery of her college. Raghav also arrived on
campus two hours before the scheduled time to lead the unit and train them for
discipline.
With time, she changes her place of study every week,
so she can be more productive in her studies. One day, she comes near the PYA
court area for a new study place. She is studying there, while Raghav and his
unit are practicing. However, for the first time in her life, she is not giving
much attention to her studies. Instead, she notices a boy and thinks to
herself, "No way, he is charming and handsome too. Most importantly, he is
the most disciplined guy I have ever seen in my life."
She started coming to college daily to see him while
he was instructing his unit. She wanted to talk to him. After a few days passed
like this, Raghav suddenly noticed that the girl came daily and sat there,
continuously looking towards their alliance. This is because he had prior
information about her habit of changing study places every week, but this time
she had stuck with that particular place.
He thought, "Let's ask her, 'What are you doing
here, actually?'"
But he didn't think of directly asking her about it.
Instead, he decided to understand the reason by analyzing her behavior, which
he believed would be sufficient to deal with the situation.
After analyzing her behavior, he concluded, "She
must be attracted to someone's personality.
After reaching this conclusion, he approached her and
asked, "Hey, why are you sitting here? It's not allowed to sit here
without a reason." After this, she left the place without saying anything.
However, during lunchtime, she found him and approached him directly, proposing
a friendship.
She tells him, "Hey, I finally found you. I've
been searching throughout the whole premises. I actually want to say something
to you. I came here in the morning to study in the fresh air, but for the past
one to two months, I've been feeling something for you."
He replies, "What?"
She continues, "Actually, yes, you have
understood it correctly. But I only want to make you, my friend."
He responds, "Are you sure about this? Because I
have some priorities to deal with."
She replies, "Yes, I'm sure about that. Are
you?"
He says, "Then okay, we will be friends from now
on."
….
….
(Chapter – 2)
The very next day.
"After becoming friends, they decided to spend some time together. They started meeting each other daily and talking about each other, understanding each other."
"He asks, ‘Why did you want to talk with me, instead of some other person?’"
"‘I like your behavior, and all the discipline you have built within yourself,’ she replies."
"Discipline, really? Am I a disciplined personality?" he asked, presumably.
"Yes, you are a well-disciplined person, without any doubt," she replied.
"Oh, I see...! It means I'm something."
Yes Raghav, but why are you stating like that?
It’s because I never received any appreciation before.
She asks, ‘Anything which you want to state comfortably?’
"There are a lot of things about my life. Is there any particular part you want to know?" he asked.
She asks, ‘Anything which you want to state comfortably?’"
Raghav remarked, "I never wanted to make acquaintances of another gender." Actually, I have always been terrified of attraction and other kind of sensations.
“The lunch bell rang... tan..tan...tan...tan...!”
They promised each other that they would meet again.
After talking for so long, they had another class, so they both took leave from each other.
Raghav while in class thinking about the conversation which had established some time ago.
He concluded, 'The conversation went wonderfully, and his first experience with a girl was satisfying to him.'
Now the whole campus premises have started talking about their friendship...and the prolonged talks which happened just an hour ago. The girl named ‘Saumya’, who saw them sitting together and talking, has spread this around campus like a virus mutation.
After some time, Raghav was asked by one of his classmates named ‘Shiv’ about the time he had spent with his new friend.
As well, she has also been asked by her classmates about this newly established friendship.
Both of them stated with their lies about this, that they hadn’t talked to each other surely, they were possessive about this. And wanted to be hidden in the back of their past-life with some of the past-events.
Apparently, they postponed another meeting for other day.
(Chapter – 3)
It's already 2 weeks that have
passed, but they haven't talked to each other yet.
But somehow, they talk to each other
during these days by giving smiles to each other. For sure, they still want to
avoid being the topic of conversation among their colleagues. BUT they know
that if they communicate with each other, their colleagues will get an idea
about their newly established friendship and will become part of the conversational
topics on campus.
They aren’t aware of the fact that
conversations about them have already started on campus. They finally talked to
each other after almost 2 weeks in a row at the Cultural Program of Plenzie
Harvest College, Plenzie. It is a monthly program on campus.
Priti states, "Do you know, everyone
on campus has started talking about us?"
Raghav reacted normally.
"Don’t you worry about this,"
asked Priti.
"Yes, I’m worried, but the fact is we
can’t do anything about this," stated Raghav.
Priti smiled and said, “You are such an
intelligent and understanding man too.”
They saw their friends approaching them,
so they stopped their conversation for a while.
Raghav was asked by one of his colleagues
from the alliance, named ‘Mukesh’, "What are you doing here?"
It's because it's his duty to inspect all
the cadets who have been assigned to duty at the allocated location.
After the interruption of his colleague,
he immediately left that place and went to inspect the duty.
While inspecting, he saw a girl whom he
has had a crush on since his school days. She had been invited as a guest by
his college and is a good speaker from the district.
HE ignored her and continued his
inspection of different locations for the allocated duty. Accordingly, he also
changed the location of some cadets from their scheduled location to maintain
better discipline.
"The program is going
wonderfully," Raghav stated to one of his junior cadets.
Advik replied, “Yes sir, you are
absolutely right.”
Raghav added, “So continue your duty,
cadet! Let me inspect some other place.”
"Yes! Sir…!"
Since his school crush had entered the
campus, HE forgot about his newly established friendship. Priti was
continuously looking towards him, but he hadn't noticed. The first day's
program is about to end, and the girl guest named “Sonali Das” will perform on
the second day. The college authority apologizes to her for the disappointment.
"No worries, sir, I’m fine with the
change of the schedule," the girl replied.
After the end of the program, there is a
meal area open for all.
Raghav wants to have a conversation with
his crush, and he still forgets that PRITI is waiting for him to continue their
talks.
In the food area, PRITI tries to approach
him unexpectedly. AND she knocks his shoulder and states, “Have you forgotten
me?”.
Raghav gets shocked and realizes that he
should focus on his present. (He keeps his testimony for his crush.)
While knocking Raghav, some of their
colleagues saw them near the meal area. Saumya comes up and asks PRITI if they
are sharing some interests in each other. (She asked with hope and jealousy.)
(Chapter - 4)
Bitter Seeds of Jealousy
“Saumya had a crush on Raghav, but
she became aloof in front of him. As a result, she never expressed her
feelings.”
Priti replied, ‘What are you asking
about?’
She stated, ‘Priti, I know you two are
dating each other.’
Priti asked, “With whom, (she is trying to
confuse her to avoid these questions)?”
She whispered in her ear, "I know
that you and Raghav share some interest in each other. Don't deny it; you guys
look sweet together."
Priti replied with a sweet smile. (No, it’s
not, and why it would be?)
Raghav visited the meal area to check
whether all the things going well. Where, he saw Priti talking to Saumya. He
moved from there, because Saumya was there.
Saumya shouted, Raghav there is something
which I’ve to ask from you, please come.
Raghav started, looking here and there,
trying to avoid her.
……….
……….
He approached one of his cadets and asked
about the meal area report. What else required or any problem they are facing
there.
Saumya reached out to him and
interrupted him in the middle of his work. He scolded her. The whole meal area
looked towards them. After this incident, she left that place without saying a
word.
Raghav started feeling guilty, for
scolding on her without hearing anything from her. He approached Priti to share
what he truly felt about that event.
But Priti avoided him, because she wanted
to keep their friendship private and don’t want to give any reason to anyone
for doubting upon them.
After giving so many gestures to her, he
went and directly speak with her.
Raghav said, ‘Priti, are you free now? I
have a task for you.’
“He intended to take her away from her
friends, but then his program officer called him for a briefing on the status
report.”
PO stated, is everything going well (He
asked about the function).
Raghav replied, yes sir, all the things
going well. Sir, cadets were asking about the dispersal.
“The program officer replied, ‘I don’t
have any information about it. The scheduled end time for the event is 10 P.M.”
But it seems that it will end after the scheduled timing. No ways cadet, we
will arrange the stay for you all.
Raghav replied, “Okay sir, I’ll inform
them.”
…….
Raghav informed everyone in the WhatsApp
group about these concerning facts.
He finds PRITI nowhere, so he assumed that
maybe she left for the home after looking into the watch, it’s 9:45 P.M.
His face goes down because he hadn’t
expressed his feelings to her.
(Chapter – 5)
Building Bridge
After the 10 P.M. Raghav got the text
message from an unknown number. After reading that message, he smiled and whispered
within himself, “you are a silly girl”. Obviously, that message was sent by
PRITI.
The Message:
HEY Raghu (Raghav) Priti’s here. I left
the function at 9:48 P.M. I’m sorry for not informing you before leaving. I
know you became worried about my unanimously leaving that place. I know you
felt bad upon the shouting when you scolded upon Saumya. And I also know that
you wanted to tell me about that uninvited event which happened. I’m sorry,
that I wouldn’t listened you at that time. You know we agreed to keep our
friendship private from others. After the doubt arisen in Saumya, I’m little
bit tensed and trying to be kept it secret.
Rahgav; You are a mad. (Whispered within
himself)
He replied, “no worries, I got you. Take
rest we will talk tomorrow.
She insisted, “Raghu can we talk more.”
Raghav replies, “Are you sure! Pritu. Are you
not feeling sleepy?”
Priti said, “Yeah!! I really want. Let us chat
nahh Raghu.”
Okay baba!! (blushes) We will talk all
night. Now happy!! He replies.
Yes! I’m happy. Then tell me. Are you
still there? She asks.
Yeah! You got it right. I’m still here
fulfilling my duty and along with some cadets we will be staying in the college.
He says!!
Ohh!!! Wow!! So much fun and adventure.
So, it will be exciting though staying
night in the college with your friends! Hahh!!
Apparently, yes, it is exciting phase for
all of us and it will attain our bonding together.
Hey, I got you, I mean that the
bonding with your mates is superb. It feels like you all are brothers. It really
excites me and always got my attention upon it.
He is still
confused and finding someway to express his feelings.
(Chapter - 6)
Cleared the Gaps
(Chapter – 7)
The Sleepless Night
Raghu was in dilemma! He was confused
and started walking here and there. In your words I’m the storyteller – let me
introduce myself to you all the readers. I’m Avika, batchmate in PYA of Raghav.
Shuu!! I’ve a crush on him; he doesn’t know about my silent affection. I wish
someday he will. Leave it, let’s focus on the story.
What happened? Did she sleep or still awake? Why isn’t she texting back? Ohnn! God,
please give her brain to text me back, I’m still waiting for her text. God, please, if you do this for me, I’ll come to the temple every day (he was a chain
liar; he almost does butter to God every day and never fulfilled his promises).
After
10-15 minutes, Raghav stands up and starts walking here and there – in the
midnight. His worries can be seen in his face. Thereafter, he played a song
on his connected AirPod and walked. It’s been 2 hours since he started walking
inside the hall at midnight. He took a pen and a paper and started writing.
Waiting for a Reply
The moon hangs above my head,
While the stars hide behind a veil of vapor.
With every passing second,
I remain trapped in the waiting.
Did I ask what should have remained unasked?
Did my words leave a wound behind?
If they did,
I am sorry.
Dear beloved, I never meant to hurt you.
You know how foolish I can be.
I never wished to make you uncomfortable,
Only to remain beside your words.
Did my words bring tears to your eyes?
Did you wipe them away alone?
If so, my dear,
I am sorry.
It’s already 4:46 AM.
He immediately put down the phone and connected to the charger and leave it
there. He went to freshen-up and came after five to ten minutes. Picked phone,
while charging he started checking the notifications, whether she replied or
not. The notifications are in bundles about the query of the time and place for
reaching from the cadets who left for home last night instead of sleeping there
in the campus. He removed all the notifications at once, and looking directly
into her chatbox. “Aanhhaa…She haven’t replied yet”, with his sad face and
mood, Raghav writes the notice for the cadets about the location and timing in
the WhatsApp group; PYA-24 (Unit 1).
Through the stress, waiting for a
reply, and a sleepless night, Raghav became quite vulnerable and showed
stressful behaviour. His mind was not working smoothly. He came up with a
restless fury that was slowly being seen on the ground—the fury of waiting for
a reply through every second of the night. The cadets were about to pay for it.
It’s 6 AM in the morning, at the
location, he was waiting for the cadets for the follow-up. Till 6:20 AM cadets
came-up. The scheduled time was 6:15, those who being late by 5 minutes are now
being punished, Raghav gave the order to them, RUN five more extra-rounds. After
the usual warm-up. Raghav came up with his stress and sleepless nights which
resulted in the rigorous punishment to them. He uses sticks and belt to them
who are becoming tired too early and being continuously stopping and resting.

Comments
Post a Comment